No Actual Cooking Required!!
Coming into Christmas it is always fun to cook up some treats (or in this case, no actual cooking) and have them ready for those guests that drop by.
Here’s our favourite – it’s simple and easy, even the kids can help and will love to eat it!
White Oreo Fudge
Bring a little Christmas ‘snow’ into your treats with this absolutely delicious treat that will last about a week (refrigerated) … not that we have ever tested that out because it never lasts that long in our house! PLUS it is simple to make with only 3 ingredients.
- 400g white chocolate buttons
- 1 x 397g tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 14 Oreo cookies – crushed (Tip – put in a plastic freezer bag and then roll over/crush with a rolling pin)
You will need a baking tray – a square works well (25 x 25 cm) or similar. We have even used a deep cookie sheet tray. Thinner fudge, but more pieces!
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Put white chocolate in heatproof bowl and pour in condensed milk.
- Microwave on full power for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue to heat in short bursts (15 – 20 seconds), stirring in between until chocolate has melted and mixture is thick and smooth.
- Mix in the crushed Oreos… if you want, you could leave some Oreos out to add as a topping, but we like to mix them all in.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the baking tray, spread it out.
- If you did save some Oreos for topping, sprinkle them over the mixture now.
- Place the baking tray and mixture into the fridge for about 4 to 5 hours to set (yes, we know the wait will be hard!)
- Remove the mixture when set. Use the baking paper to remove the fudge from the tray and place on a chopping board.
- Use a sharp knife (run under hot water and wipe dry – makes cutting easier if having trouble) and cut fudge into bite-sized pieces (and yes, there are no calories in eating the little off cuts or edges when cutting up the fudge).
Time to SERVE and EAT!! Your kids will love it!